Surviving the morning sickness rollercoaster: tips & tricks for expecting mamas:
Suffering from pesky morning sickness? You’re not alone! Many mamas-to-be will experience this kind of ‘baby belly blues’ especially during the first trimester, and it can really put a damper on things.
The most effective remedies for morning sickness:
Don’t fear, we’ve got you covered with some effective remedies to help you say goodbye to those nauseous feelings and hello to a happier and healthy pregnancy!
1. Snack Attack: Keep those hunger pangs at bay by nibbling on small, frequent meals throughout the day.
Try some yummy crackers, fruits or veggies to keep your tummy feeling satisfied. Keep some snacks at your bedside table too.
2. Hydration: Staying hydrated is key!
Try sipping on some lemon-infused water, ginger tea or even some coconut water for an extra boost of electrolytes.
3. Add vitamin B6 supplements to your daily routine.
Remember to check with your doctor to see if this is a good option for you.
4. Ginger is a Winner: Ginger has been used for centuries to treat nausea, and for good reason!
Try drinking ginger tea, nibbling on ginger chews or suck on ginger candies for a sweet and spicy remedy.
5. Aromatherapy Awesomeness: The scent of lemon has been known to do wonders for morning sickness.
Light an aroma soy candle or use essential oils like lemon or peppermint. The pleasant aromas can help calm your senses and ease nausea.
6. Acupressure Magic: Did you know that wearing an acupressure wristband or pressing on a certain point on your wrist might help relieve morning sickness?
7. Relax and Breathe: Stress can make morning sickness worse, so it’s important to take a moment and relax.
Deep breathing, meditation or a gentle yoga pose might help you feel calm.
8. Avoid triggers such as strong smells, bright light and TV / phone screens.
9. See your doctor if it’s really bad – they might suggest some medication.
Remember, every pregnancy is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. But don’t give up hope, keep trying different things until you find what works for you, and always consult with your doctor!
Severe morning sickness, also known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum, is a serious medical condition that can impact a woman’s quality of life during pregnancy. Symptoms of Hyperemesis Gravidarum can include intense and persistent nausea and vomiting, dehydration, weight loss, electrolyte imbalances and malnutrition. If left untreated, it can be harmful to both the mother and the developing fetus. Women experiencing Hyperemesis Gravidarum should seek medical attention as soon as possible! You can find more information here.